Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A day to remember.

Proverbs 21:1 NIV
The king's heart is in the hand of the Lord; he directs it like a watercourse wherever he pleases.



It is finished. Thank God it is done. I don't have too much profound to say, but I didn't want to let this day go by in my little blog diary without remarking on the events of today. I can't say as things went my way, but in all honesty either way wasn't an ideal option for me. So all in all I have relied heavily on the satisfaction that God is God regardless of what I think should of happened with this election or even what did happen with this election. It is not lost on me that this is a historic day. We have a shiny new president elect. There is a first in the history of this country, an African American presidential elect. The news reports with overwhelming emotion. There are a lot of thoughts running through my head to tell you the truth. The most prominent of them all was the verse I had above. Proverbs 21:1 NIV "The king's heart is in the hand of the Lord; he directs it like a watercourse wherever he pleases." I have only respect for the chosen one, and I have only trust in God that He is ultimately in control and will direct his path. With that thought I feel happy and peaceful and have optimism for the future.

Ps. the photo was taken my myself a couple of years ago when Binyam and I visited Niagra falls for our second wedding anniversary.

No comments: