Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Groundbreaking.

I like that word, "groundbreaking." I feel like that is the state of affairs in my life right now. We have finally found a chuch to love, who loves us, and where we can grow right along with it. It has been a lot of years in the waiting. A lot of years.

Several years ago when I sacrificed church for my job, I happened to go to a Christmas eve service. The pastor talked that night about the shepards in the fields and how amazing and extrodinairy it was that the Lord would choose to reveal his self to them. They were considered the dregs of Jewish society because they were working when everyone else was going about their religious routines. They missed synagoge, they were dirty and smell on a consistant basis. They just wern't the welcome ones. It is not lost on me that I never felt welcome in a church back then. I felt like I bore the scarlet letter of "F" for "forsaking" the gathering of believers. Plus people had their clicks and since my life revolved around those boys, I just couldn't fit in. Filthy? Well the Bible says that even all our righteous acts are like filthy rags, my sacrifice was nothing compared to His. I felt just like one of those shepards looking out the fields of life, alone.

I have to say that it is astonishing when you think about it that God choose to reveal himself to those guys of all the people he could have choose. Stinky shepards in a field tending sheep. I did take solace in that, so many times when a kid was cussing me out or causing havoc.... that every single day God was still revealing hiself in my heart reguardless of the circumstances around me.

And when the time was right we found our way here. To Faith Assembly of God. I feel like I appreciate it more than most because of being without all those years. Yet when you look at my little one here, she sure does look like she appreciates it also.
We found a chuch home. Groundbreaking.








This is the actual groundbreaking on our new church site. They also had a little fall festival. The new site is only 2 miles from home saving us the ten-fifteen minute drive we have now. Looking forward to it.

No comments: