Friday, November 14, 2008

My home office.



I am so thankful for the opportunity to work at home. Initially co-worker of mine was working a little at home to help take care of his little daughter. I wanted to do the same so bad. Although I must admit I am one who needs a little of both, some at home time and some at work time, just five straight days of each is too much. It came to a point where I was totally spent and began using sick time to be at home. Binyam works the afternoon shift and I was really at a weird place having just moved to Florida. I loved it here but I think I struggled with post-partum depression for quite some time and it was compounded by our move and weird work schedules. I wanted so badly to work from home but I did not want to be demanding or difficult. There came a point where I was in a conversation about working from home and my supervisor was there. I have to believe that God moved on her heart and later in the day she approached me about working from home. I was so relieved I had a flood of tears!!! I needed it, more than even wanting it. I needed it for sanitise sake. So I work one or two days at home a week. Earlier I was reflecing about how we sometimes what things so badly and they seem to be so far from us. We pray, beg God, cry...you name it. I was the same way when I wanted to be married. People would always say the cliche....just let go and God will. I hated hearing it, but at some point I had ran out of desire and the will to struggle with it anymore. I let go. And doggone it, I found Binyam!!!!!!!!! I did the same with this thing. There are things that go beyond a tantrum of wants, God knows how to sort through the want and the need and give you the things that are necessary. This was one of them and I am so blessed and happy that I have the opportunity to do it. I have to say that I usually get much more done at home because I usually surround myself with inspiration...like this little touch of God in the sunset in the backyard. I work out there alot especially since it has cooled down a bit here.

1 comment:

Christina said...

I love it! Great picture and wonderful reminder of how God works; k, some of the time. He is so creative and patient.