Thursday, April 22, 2010

Fire in the hole!




A genuine cannon!I mean who can resist sticking your head in the hole?



This is just morbid.......but funny and fun???

This exact cannon was made in Barcelona Spain in 1724. This weapon was captured by the American forces in 1898 during the Spanish American War. It has the capability of firing 2100 yards or 1.2 miles.
Once a killing machine...we now pose by it for pretty pictures. Hum....



We did get to see a live firing! Although there was no cannon ball in there just gun powder. You got to stand really close to it too and some guy hollered out "Cover your ears!" (not fire in the hole) and then ka-boom. It was pretty neat. I can't recall if I have ever seen a live cannon ball firing before. Awesome...... (fyi...this is a picture I shot....love it!!!!!!)

2 comments:

Teri said...

Oooooo!!! I love that last one too! Cool pics!

Hannah said...

Nice Shot!