
Gorgeous oldness........
So while camping at Big Sky Lodge we did some sight seeing. We were in the city of St. Augustine which is the oldest city in America. The fort was begun in 1672 by the Spanish explorers/settlers, if you can read the above.....
Oh Ella...if you can believe it she is really trying to smile pretty.....really.....
The walls were made out of this, which is Coquina (pronounced ko KEE na). Its sea shells. Pretty amazing.
This is one of the inside rooms, most likely a barracks quarters. You could literally walk in and out of the entire thing.
Its really amazing. I am not a person to really study history hard or read too much about it. but when you are standing in it it is quite amazing! And Can I just say for the record I am lovin' my pictures from this place. Usually when I got to a tourist spot people are all willy nilly in my pictures and I just hate it. Can you move please people, I'm takin a picture! Notice the lack of people? That's because I elbowed, kicked, shoved and pushed people out of the way. No I didn't. But the Bible says out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks...so movin' on. There were actually A LOT of people there that day they just happened to not be in my way. Thank you friendly world, at least on this day, because it made for some pretty awesome photo's!
Its really amazing. I am not a person to really study history hard or read too much about it. but when you are standing in it it is quite amazing! And Can I just say for the record I am lovin' my pictures from this place. Usually when I got to a tourist spot people are all willy nilly in my pictures and I just hate it. Can you move please people, I'm takin a picture! Notice the lack of people? That's because I elbowed, kicked, shoved and pushed people out of the way. No I didn't. But the Bible says out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks...so movin' on. There were actually A LOT of people there that day they just happened to not be in my way. Thank you friendly world, at least on this day, because it made for some pretty awesome photo's!
Here is the baby-sitting section. I wish. Ella must have been hungry because she became a real pill towards the end of the time there. There was a lot of yelling at her which probably didn't help, the top of the fort wasn't made for kids so we had to be extra vigilant. So she didn't fall off. This was actually a restored draw bridge.
Loved loved loved this place. I love history. This was awesome because I wasn't someplace abroad. I was right in my own backyard. There are lots more pictures and I'll post them little by little. We'll defiantly be going back sometime. We didn't see and do even a fraction of everything there is!
Loved loved loved this place. I love history. This was awesome because I wasn't someplace abroad. I was right in my own backyard. There are lots more pictures and I'll post them little by little. We'll defiantly be going back sometime. We didn't see and do even a fraction of everything there is!




No comments:
Post a Comment