Thursday, April 1, 2010

April's fools.......

Google has a new name! No longer Google the powers that be have changed their name to the uber hip trendy "Topeka" as in Topeka, Kansas! ha.....Well I hear that Topeka Kansas changed their name to Google to entice Google to set up their new ultra high speed internet there. So I am hoping that this is not a permanent change..... Check it out here.... http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2010/04/different-kind-of-company-name.html and here...(I had no idea) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google%27s_hoaxes

Also all over the news last night and the radio this morning...A wallaby is loose in a local neighbor hood. Really? A wallaby? All over Orlando people are putting carrots at the edge of the brush in the forest trying to entice the elusive on-the-loose animal. Really? People are falling for this. It is interesting every year there are real April fools jokes leaking into the media. I think the media covers the nonsense on the off chance it might actually be real. It it funny, and harmless, but I am intrigued how April fools has morphed over the years.

May be I should change my name to Google....Google Palumbo, no don't do that, Lord only knows what you might find.....

No comments: