Monday, February 9, 2009

Meatloaf Mama

I hear a lot about meatloaf. Since I have been a vegetarian for fifteen years I am not a connoisseur. I have overheard definite opinions on what is good and what is not. I have no idea. I do know this that with Disney out of the picture I need new outlets. Cooking is always an option. Me and my sister spend about a quarter of our hour long phone calls talking about food. So thought I would use this venue to sneak in a bit more foodie time! I made impromptu meatloaf tonight and I gotta say it was delish!

Here is the recipe....
2 pounds of ground turkey
1 6oz. box of beef flavored stuffing mix
1/2 cup of Ketchup divided
2 eggs beaten

Mix the stuffing mix with the ground turkey, eggs and 1/4 cup of ketchup. Form it into a loaf in a 9x13 inch baking pan then spread 1/4 cup of ketchup on the top. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour

I LOVE stuffing a lot and the flavor was defiantly in there though not overpowering. Like I said I am not a connoisseur but this was totally yumm....And, you can't get much easier than this either!

1 comment:

Teri said...

So are your passes up at Disney? Are you going to do them again, or branch out now?

The meatloaf does sound good. I like it but i don't make it often. Maybe I'll try this one!