Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I made a pretty....

I had been waiting to post pictures of Ella's room until it was done. Ha. I finally understand what people are talking about when they talk about the ever illusive "projects". Its the ideal in your mind that never transfers to action for one reason or another. I truly do hope I get it all finished sometimes soon but for now here it is....

This is the sunshine I made. How I did it was....I used two pencils with string attached to each. I then put the one pencil on the wall that stood stationary and I swung the other around to form a circle. The materials I used for the sun was a small jar of light joint compound, a few teaspoons or so of yellow sunshiny paint (doesn't need too much at all) and alas you can't see too well in the picture but I mixed in a little iridescent glitter, although not too much of that because I was afraid the compound wouldn't hold together. I then dunked my finger in the gunk and started swirling it on inch by inch. I thought the swirl texture would be fun. You can see the texture a little better on the picture below. It turned out great. In the end I even put a little glitter on my palm and blew it on the drying sun so some would stick to the surface and make it glittery. I put the rays on by just using my finger again.
The flower lights are from IKEA.
I still need to add lady bugs, but this side of the room is just about done!!!!!!!! (we added another white flower too...)


The wall color paints were Swan Wing white and Asparagus green by Baer. I did freehand the scalloped "chair rail". The bedding and window treatments were courtesy of Craigslist ($20 woo hoo......)

2 comments:

Holly said...

So cute! Good job, Heather!

Teri said...

Oh Heather, I'm not sure how I missed these posts! I love what you've done in Ella's room! So pretty! Great job!