Delicious cake....Made by using a square cake pan and a round one then cutting the round cake in half and using them for the tops of the heart positioned over the square cake as the main body. The recipe used just a plain old box of white cake mix with the called for ingredients on the back then add one small box of strawberry jello and half a 16oz bag of frozen strawberries (drained). Bake. The frosting was regular old frosting with the other half of the frozen strawberries. Totally yum. I am not really a cake person and I can tell you I help put a serious dent in this cake. Double yumm..... So Binyam found this on Friday night when he came home from work sitting at the door for him along with a home-made card and some heart shaped lemon sugar cookies that were a bomb. (to clarify not "the bomb" rather a total bomb...I am not a good sugar cookie maker.....)
Saturday morning....Binyam brought out roses. (Score!) And I made heart shaped pan cakes and sausage patties. I gotta say I am a terrible pancake maker too. It took an enormous amount of patience for me to pour those things. I would usually pour a too thick HUGE round cake almost the size of the pan and usually burn it. I was pround of myself for these little beauties!!!!!
And last but not least. Dinner. Heart shaped pizza's! I have tried a bunch of crusts throughout the years. I found this recipe which is the best I have ever had! It cooked up wonderfully. I did sprinkle the crust with garlic powder which was totally delicious. (see the recipe below the pictures) And wa-la...a day well done. It was better than buying a card. (well, while I am confessing...I am HORRIBLE about cards too...they are so expensive and I usually forget to send them...) I bought ingredients for the cake and pepperoni and the pizza sauce...most of the rest of the stuff I had, so I spent around ten buck for all of this. A card would have been about half of that allotted price, so I got more bang for my buck....a heart attack of epic proportions!!!!!!
Valentino's Pizza Crust
* 1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
* 1 tablespoon white sugar
* 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
* 3 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
DIRECTIONS
1. Stir water, sugar and yeast together until dissolved. Add the olive oil and the salt. Stir in the flour until well blended. Let dough rest for 10 minutes.
2. Pat dough into pan or on to a pizza stone using fingers dipped in olive oil. If desired sprinkle basil, thyme or other seasonings on crust. Top with your favorite pizza toppings and bake for 15 to 20 minutes in a preheated 425 degree oven.



1 comment:
Heather, you did awesome! I'm sure one hubby will not forget. Your pizza looks fantastic :)
Post a Comment