
Lately I feel like a fresh breeze just ran through my soul. It could have something to do with the fact that the weather here has been just gorgeous. The windows have been wide open the last few days. Last Thursday and Friday Ella and I hung out in the back yard. It is so refreshing. It is such a good feeling to really truly feel refreshed.
This past few years so much has been going on. It seemed like since I got married in 2004 it has been non-stop. Until now. It seems like there is nothing huge looming on the horizon. No houses to buy, major moves - I want to say no expectations, but really there are a million little things that I can expect to rediscover. There are many many things which I have totally abandoned the last few years. Reading for one. It seems like reading has been a struggle. I have snuck a few books in here and there, but its not been easy. Oh, what else is there? Crafts, decorating learning, yeah learning, taking time ,actual real time, to learn something new about something (which does not include watching 'Cities of the Underworld' on the History Channel).....Actually when I think about it its just a lot of "me"time. I always hear the talk shows encouraging women to take "me" time and it seems so selfish until you realize that just about every minute of every day you are giving out. I was going to say "robbed" of it but its not like that at all. I feel like I give and I love to give. I love to do what I do for my family, but I am so thankful for open windows in my soul which remind me that there are fresh opportunities to be had.
2 Corinthians 9:8, "And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work." (NIV)
My mom's group yahoo id is "Fresh air for moms"....I think the verse above is Fresh air for mom's....At all times, having all that I need (even when the windows are shut?) and "abounding". I encourage you to be like this little baby, see the "little things' as flowers and water them with love and diligence. Little things grow. Fill your bucket again and again with whatever it is that fills your soul. And talk to those who will listen (do ducks qualify?)(um....yeah I think so) Get the gunk out and...... Abound in every ,not some not a few, EVERY good work you do!!!!!!!

Above she is watering her tiny "flower".

Above...toting her water buckets which she insists on filling and refilling with "lemonade"??? I don't think I want to know.....



1 comment:
Great reminder Heather! And beautiful pics too! So sweet!
Post a Comment