Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Ella awake

Titus 2:3&4 says that "older women" "can train the younger women to love their husbands and children"

Before Ella was born I was over Edie's house when Renee Davis stopped by. They prayed for me because Ella was coming soon and prayed for all to be well After that I am sure we fellowshiped, had some tea or coffee around Edie's table and talked. I remember one thing so keenly from that day, it was something Renee said. She said that when her kids were little she couldn't wait to see them in the morning when they woke up. I have thought about it a thousand times since, I'm not sure why. However when I read this verse from Titus where it says that the older women are to "train" the younger women to love......It struck me as really interesting insight, that we would need training in love. I don't know about you but some days it is easy to love and other days it seems you have to train your mind like little training wheels to be straight and upright in loving. I think it is those days that the thought of what Renee said comes into my mind, to remind me to cherish the little thing, like Ella awake. Even as I am writing this I am thinking of how significant seeing Ella awake is. I don't see her for the day until I get her up from her nap around 4:30pm. And, this is typical of what I see.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

That. is. so. cute!

Kfrank said...

Love it!!! Doesn't get anymore precious than that!