Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Hallmark moments.....
We went to our last Disney performance of the Christmas season and it did not disappoint. I don't know what I was thinking for a Disney performance? Elves dancing, fake snow, Christmas carols void of Christ, Santa? None of that, I kid you not it was the Christmas story read straight from the Bible. They had some chick from High School Musical (no clue who she was) reading from the Bible then they stopped and sang a correlating song. That was the presentation. I was totally enthralled with the deaf interpreter. Overall I was completely impressed that Disney did not take Christ out of Christmas, as I thought they would. Not at all. It was actually better than our church's presentation. I found out later we were actually lucky to see it. I had no idea that they sold additional tickets to this 'Candlelight Processional' at Epcot in conjunction with a meal ticket. I had no idea so these people were given preference in seating. I had mixed up the show times and inadvertently shown up way earlier than I usually would and good thing, though we were close to the front of the line we were some of the last people to make it in. The lady behind me in line said that she had heard it was hard to get into this performance. I had no idea.
So here is a performance along some other lines. I was talking to my sister on the phone when I saw Ella hugging these decorations. My sister said get a picture of it and knowing Ella's whims, I did not hold out hope but interestingly enough....I got it and much more. I have to caution you before you watch this little clip....The kid is cute. The music...not so much so. Sorry. Its a bit long too, but which part do I cut out, hugging the decorations, dancing, hopping around in ski's (or were those my shoes?)? Too much cuteness as Awe Fif would say......
Well that only goes to prove that you don't need Disney at all. Period. The best performances are priceless treasured memories that happen on your kitchen/dining room floor.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment