Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Never Fail?




Never fail? Well, I can say I didn't fail but it was a catastrophe. I usually see nice shiny pictures on blogs, nothing like this. Lets just say I felt led by the Lord to admit to my shortcomings.... I know what I would say if I ever saw something like this, "Oh jeez, I would never do that." Humm.....And yet I did. I do have an explanation for it. I kinda did the whole thing on a whim for little gifts for my co-workers, which is never organized. Then my sister called a bit after I started. I wanted to talk to her so bad that I didn't budge from the phone until pots started boiling over and at that point there was no going back to undo the sticky mess. I didn't clean as I go because of the call....so basically this is all my sister's fault. Ahh....its never that easy. Trust me we tried all growing up to blame things on my brother Robbie. Never worked. So why post something like this? I guess because I thought messes are part of everyday life too. Catastrophe's. Failings. The good bad and the ugly. You might step back and look and say to yourself, "what have I done?" I think too often we stay a step back staring at the mess, and I am not just talking dirty stove's here. We just stare long and hard at it and it morphs from a mess that is easily dealt with to a funk that brews and churns inside of us for days, weeks, months and even years. I think I can learn a thing or two from my little girl. She makes some huge messes sometimes, but doesn't sit in the middle of it all and think, "I am so disorganised, I don't measure up to other's out there, I have failed as a _____,I just can't seem to get things right........Nope none of that. Just clean it up an move on. Do better next time and off to other messes, all of which we learn from. Hey I learned from this one that when you burn a glass top stove so bad that you can't scrub off the charr....that you can actually continue to burn it off until it just flakes off with your finger rubbing over it. Its back to normal now. Actually I learned a little more than that but more on that later.......

Isaiah 58:11

The LORD will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail.

No comments: