Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Fifteen Years of Friendship

My dear Bethany friend Hannah Nicholson came for a visit. Its hard to believe its been fifteen years. I met her in 1993 my first day at Bethany College of Missions. Our friendship took some while to really develop but when it did, Hannah summed it up right, we were kindred spirits. I always though that I wish I were her natural born sister! She is really special to me. Her family was on the way to Trinidad where Chris is from to make a family visit. It had been five years since I had seen her last. Her ten year old was six, her nine year old was four and her one year old was just a twinkle in the eye! It was so nice to meet them all. They got into our house at 5am on Sunday morning and Hannah and Chris crashed and we looked after the kids, which was special time alone with them, which was nice because when Hannah woke up they were pretty much ignored besides an occasional feeding. When I put Ella to bed on Sunday night I wondered what she had ate all day.

Hannah and I talked and talked and talked. We think so similarly, have similar insights and thoughts.....It is sooooooooo nice to be with Bethany people who are so like minded. Even working at a missions sending agency I haven't encountered anyone remotely like Bethany trained peoples. Anyways. We had a wonderful time.

We had a bbq. A December BBQ complete with charcoal briquettes outside, shish-kabobs, watermelon and a Christmas tree! I wish I would have taken a picture of that site! We also had long time Bethany Friends David Shropshire over with his three boys (his wife had to work), he only lives about forty minutes from us. So all in all we had seven kids in the house and the adults were having so much fun that it wasn't at all chaotic! I think they had fun too eating outside and playing in the park across the street.



Five of the seven finishing up the day watching Prince Caspian. The other two were watching baby Einsteins in the other room

David and Chris chatting away!

Baby Paul on his first swing ride.

My beautiful dear friend Hannah.


After the friendship of God, a friend's affection is the greatest treasure here below.

No comments: