Saturday, December 27, 2008

Ice, Ice Baby......

Our office had a Christmas party at Gaylord Palms Resort. I had seen the place a million times from the road as it is off the exit we take to get to Disney. It is quite a grand massive place and I was really looking forward to seeing the inside. Galylord Palms has been running a special event called Ice. My co-worker Leslie thought it would be a fun team building activity to go early for lunch and visit the Ice exhibit. Apparently the designers of the Harbin, China ice city were flown in to help create the ice sculptures http://www.rtoddking.com/chinawin2003_hb_if.htm It really was quite nice. Binyam said we could see them for free in Michigan and here it was a bit costly. I was happy to pay for only one ticket. It makes made sense to me because the complex is kept at 9 degrees, a stark contrast from our everyday weather here. When you go in you are offered parka's, which I personally tried on and felt like the abominable snow man so passed on! The sculptures were really amazing. This one below is a "gingerbread house" that you could walk in and was quite spacious! The lady in the blue parka in the window next to me is Sue my supervisor.



The penguins are singing, Ice ice, baby........

They weren't really....this angel was....Isn't it actually beautiful. It was about 12 feet tall...its wings spread out over an ice nativity scene.

We just walked out of the exhibit and my co-workers glasses were fogging up....didn't realize that the same effect was going on in my camera....Made for a cute picture...

Ugg....back to the 70 degree weather.....I actually enjoyed the cold and bundling up for a spell. Yet, I must admit I was happy I could walk out of the 9 degree weather when I was "done". Some people aren't so lucky.........

No comments: