Tuesday, December 2, 2008
I know you...I walked with you once upon a dream!
We had our first taste of a Disney Christmas! In the evening we noticed a show called Cinderella's holiday wish at the castle. I didn't know what it was but being that we are working on our last two months at Disney we are trying to see everything that we haven't yet seen. I have to say one thing about Disney, its amazing to see adults acting like little kids. Their own kids will be screaming, terrified of of some six foot character and the parents are beaming in a dead eye lock with the thing. Lots of times while watching a show for the hundredth time I'll turn and just watch the people's faces. There is truly something magical there. I have to admit I go there too. Especially during this particular show where the castle was lit up with a million little lights. I think I almost drooled. It was stunning. In some ways it reminds me that our souls are eternal. They don't age or grow old. Sometimes the oldest people at Disney are some of the most hilarious. Did you ever see that commercial where a middle aged African American lady with the biggest boobs ever goes bizerk because she was grand Marshall of the parade? I kid you not that prolby was not an ounce of acting. I saw a lady once stand up and scream at Micky Mouse when he drove by in the parade. I'd have to say she was in her sixties. She told me later that when she was a kid Mickey Mouse club house was about the only kids show there was and she was raised on it. I guess when people come there, there is some part of their own selves they find that they had lost. People get too serious in life. Its like they say to themselves, I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream....when they see things that remind them of childhood. Its a good thing. I can see why Disney hold so much magic. Its captivated us!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Wow that really does look incredible! I think we will have to take a trip during the Christmas season some time! I have to admit, that I am one of those big kids when it comes to Disney. I really love it. The whole experience the last two years for us has been incredible, and my family laughs at us all the time because we are just as excited as the kids when we go!
Post a Comment