Thursday, October 2, 2008
When life is little.
I have heard a few "messages" this week about slowing down life. I tell you I have swore off Oprah's nonsence about a hundred times lately but still find myself watching it. Yesterday it was about a mom who left her little baby in the hot car for eight hours because she had so much on her mind. It was not a happy ending. This morning I read something on my aunt's facebook page.....
"The other evening I found myself staggering alone under a load that was heavy enough to crush half a dozen strong men. Out of sheer exhaustion I put it down and had a good look at it. I found that it was all borrowed: part of it belonged to the following day; part of it belonged to the following week-- and here was I borrowing it that it might crush me now! It is a very stupid, but a very ancient blunder.
~ F.W. Boreham
From Set. 30th. SPRINGS IN THE VALLEY by Mrs. Charles E. Cowman
I had to stop. Two messages right in a row. Sometimes we miss God's still small voice a thousand times through-out the day, and I don't want to. I think my vacation weeks really slowed me down. Really. A few nights ago Binyam went to an Ethiopian function at the local resturaunt and I litterally felt lost having nothing to do.....That is just crazy to me that we as a society have gotten so far from peace and quiet that when it is staring you right in the face, you look back at it bewildered, because there aren't fourty five other things begging your attention.
So I was looking at these pictures of Ella thinking, what would it feel like to climb about in a giant sea horse and sit? I suppose life would feel awefully little, I mean all the stuff, all the junk would seem insignificant in comparison to that giant slug there...Oh if only to go back in time to when life was little....I do think God gives us oppertunities often, and we miss it. My aunt said its the gift of now. I personally am going to try and embrace this slow time in life a little and listen, especailly to that still small voice. I mean not listening sometimes can make you miss little things like the beauty of autumn out your window or ,God forbid, like that woman on Oprah...can actually cost a life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment