That might be enough said but everyone wants to know the specifics. I guess this whole area use to be a World War 2 test bombing site. And someone had a bright idea 40 years later...lets build a community on top of it!!!!!!! Brilliant. I was alerted to this wonderful little tid bit of information when I was working from home some time ago and I hear helicopters and saw emergency vehicles come into the area. Being nosey as I am, I walked around the condo complex to see what was up and found the bomb squad removing a LIVE bomb from some one's front yard. The person had been stepping over the bomb for monthes thinking it was an exposed rusty pipe. Ahh, no, its a bomb.
So the pictures below are pictures of the Army Corp. of Engineers searching for bombs in our back yard. That's literally feet from our back door. I don't even want to know what they find. Its bad enough that they are there. However if you notice in the picture all the little flags...those are areas of concern. Good grief.
Oh, and just a little ps...Notice how they are bundled up. Today is our first "cold" day here in Orlando. Its 65. Burrr......





No comments:
Post a Comment