Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Celebrity for a day.

Celebrity life looks like a glamorous life, but I would never trade spots with one for even one minute of one day! I would not want their money, their accolades.....none that....all I'd want is this.....

 

 

 


We went to Clearwater one night a few weeks back when my mom was here. Our original plan was the Tampa aquarium (pictures to come) and after an uneventful day there, since we were so close we grabbed a map and navigated our way to the Gulf of Mexico. Binyam and I are big fans of fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants arrangements when we can. Sure, making plans is great but sometimes it seems a lot of fun gets lost in the plans, instead of just living out life. So off we went to find the gulf. I remember once in sheer excitement my mom saw the Tampa bay and being eager for a sunset said, "oh you'll be able so see a sunset from here..." I assured her a sunset would be hard to miss on the gulf. We got to the end of the road - literally- around 5:30pm, threw on our suits and swam in the clear warm water. It was windy, warm and beautiful and I felt as if the wind were carrying all of my worries out to sea. I felt like a celebrity for a day. Its a surreal moment and that night I felt like there was nothing behind me and nothing in front of me, no problems, fears, plans, bad memories, nothing.....Celebrity, I tell ya....The sunset was the crowning glory of the day, aren't they really, a crown of Glory God must clap on the earth at the end of the day...just to say..."well done!" And a well done day it was!!!!!

 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Teri said...

So fun, and so beautiful! I love the new background to!