Wednesday, September 15, 2010

This is really livin'!

When my grandfather was still alive he would always say"This is really livin'" during the times that brought him the most happiness, usually family times.....I have to say our beach day on our mini-vacation was "really livin' "! I really meant a lot to me to get a way for a minute and just rest and relax....we all need that every now and again!


We went to a beach called Lover's Key http://www.naplesnews.com/places/lovers_key_state_park/ The history of the park is that it is so remote and beautiful that it is said only lovers would trek out to the beach area. We had to take a tram out to it, which wound through some gorgeous conservatory land - it was so beautiful.
I can't help but praise God for times like these. Lord knows the dulldrums follow just behind these times and it is so nice to just soak in His love, goodness and mercy!

1 comment:

Teri said...

Amen sister! I could use a little getaway like that myself! So glad you had time with your favorite peeps!! It is so good isn't it? Helps you remember why you like them so much! :)