Thursday, September 16, 2010

Clown in the houze!!!

Ella truly is a clown. She is quite funny, and has us cracking up on a daily basis. You might be wondering why I have my kid dressed like a clown. Well that is a little bit of a story.....

Growing up in a household of five kids and sometimes more with foster kids, we didn't have tons of money for birthday parties. Compound that by they fact that Myself and two other siblings had birthdays all in the same week. It was all a perfect storm which added up to basically no birthday parties. I do remember having one when I was around nine years old or so, and it was so fun.

Celebrations were never really a priority in our house. We had special days where we made french bread pizza's or took evening rides to Big Lots, but for the most part, celebrations were few and far between.

I miss that. I miss celebrating all the things you celebrate when you have a party. I have missed out and I'm on a mission to make up for that.

Ella's fourth birthday was drawing near and I gave Ella the option to choose a theme. She choose clowns (which she later recanted on the premise they were "scary" -too bad I already set the wheels in motion).

Some days while I was collecting goods. in all my cheapness I started really early and looked high and low for some of the things I got to make the party look put together but not at a high cost, I got weary and wondered why I was doing this......

God reminded me again and again that it was to bless others. I learn during these times that it is in blessing others that we are most blessed ourselves.

So we had a clown party. Fourteen kid-o's and at least that many adults and we had FUN! We were definitely blessed!

2 comments:

Jess said...

She is adorable, and looks like she had a great time with your photo shoot!

Krystal said...

OMGosh that is tooo cute!!!