Thursday, February 12, 2015

Throwback Thursday: Georgia.

I still need to make my way through our Georgia memories. I just got a new computer and that is just mayhem so I took a break and now I need to get back on the bandwagon again.

I have so few pictures of our campground. Actually I think I have zero actually of the tent site which is a total bummer.  I have to admit I gave up a bit with picture taking. I should have given it more effort but I was feeling defeated and overwhelmed with my new capabilities with my camera. It was a big lesson for me coming home and realizing I didn't get the pictures I wanted simply because I didn't take them. Everything doesn't always have to be perfect, a lesson I am learning all the time, every day!

We stayed at Vogel State Park. We have since found, seeing many T-shirts from the park at Disney, that the Park is quite famous. It was beautiful. We loved staying there! On the property was a nice sized lake that was freezing in July. It was so refreshing for the oppressive summer heat of Orlando!
 We swam a handful of times because it was so chilly, we could barely handle it. Actually I am not so sure the Daddy unit could handle it at all. He swam once but was done after that.





Our little tent site was nestled on that little hill you see peaking in front of the smaller ones. It was so beautiful. When we drove up to it, we drove through a canopy of tree's which made everything so dark you'd nearly think it was night. We had a secluded spot in the back edging up to a ravine on the side of us.

Our last day we got rained on quite a lot. Overnight it rained and rained and rained. We woke up knowing we'd have to pack up in the rain. It was a tiny disaster. If we didn't have the whole week before filled with this gloriousness I think we'd have been out of there sooner. We put the kids in the car to watch a movie and we packed up as quick as we could. Looking back it was such a wonderful vacation....more to come.....

No comments: