I have found a new custom I have been doing for several years now. I plan a trip for my birthday. Usually we take just a long weekend trip someplace and we usually stay in a hotel and not camp. This time it was my 40th birthday so I wanted to make it more special so we went for a week however we couldn't spring for a hotel room for that long so we had to compromise with the camping. I was sort of eager to camp longer than a weekend as sometimes that feels like a hassle for just a few days. I don't have too much nice thing to say about living in dirt for the week besides we made a myriad of amazing memories besides! On my actual birthday day, July 15, 2014 we went to breakfast ( no camp cooking at all for me that day). We went to the only place we could possibly find in Cleveland, Ga. and they had the most amazing homemade southern biscuits I have ever had. yummmm.....After that we hopped on over to the second most magical place in the world (after Disney) Cabbage Patch Babyland General Hospital! A-Mazing. And quite grand, it was literally a mansion on a hill.
They did a wonderful job at making things special and we were in awe just about from the moment we stepped in.
May be awe wasn't the word Ezra would have chosen after all the hours we spent there!
We had Cabbage Patch Kids growing up but apparently we missed the boat on these pay day's!
We hadn't yet gotten out of taking picture in the lobby when a old lady dressed in nurses clothing came in and said there was about to be a baby born and that we should hurry into the main room, which is what we did.
Above is the cabbage patch where the babies were "born"from. They did an amazing job of making that process as realistic as they could right down to measuring the cabbage leaves to see if it was ready. Then you found out if it was a boy or a girl. The kids got to give the babies names and Ella choose a name for this new little girl. Actually another little girl choose the first name which was Keighly and Ella choose Jewel. Keighly Jewel. Ella was pretty proud of picking a name.

Through out the day other babies were born and everyone assembled in front of the tree to see the new babies arrival. After they came they went over to the nursery to be assessed then they brought the baby out onto the main floor to be held by everyone. I admit it was over the top but I also admit that I loved every minute of it. I had a cabbage patch or two when I was a kid and I loved my doll a lot. When I was in that room even the smell flooded my mind with memories from my childhood.
We spent far too long there, but had so much fun. So this was the first part of the day on my birthday! Part 2 to follow!














No comments:
Post a Comment