Did a new year really just happen? 2015? I wasn't done with 2014. Guess that didn't matter. Time moves on whether I am ready or not.
2014 was a wonderful year. Busy, but awesome. It was the year we took not one but two separate week long vacations. Since moving to Florida we went on lots of little long weekend get away's but never longer than three days. Also we haven't drove longer than four hours (tops) away from home.
2014 changed that. We took our first trip out of state. Ella for years has struggled not seeing places like "Michigan" as a far off city. This was the first time to see that states look different than our own and even have their own culture. We went right at the end of peach season and it was like diving into a peachy ocean. The scent of peach was in the air and everywhere. We had a great time. I didn't get to write at all about that. Suppose time had just gotten away from me...So in true new years fashion I start 2015 reflecting on 2014!
I found the idea to go to the North Georgia mountains from seeing repeated facebook posts from a very casual acquaintance from Ella's school. The thing that tipped me over the edge on going was seeing tubing in such a wild, serene natural environment. Funny enough when I actually did it it was just about the END of me...more on that later. She gave me some insight and I did some planning and during the week of my birthday, July 15 we went to the North Georgia mountians!
Our first stop was on the drive up. We got off the highway and drove a bit to Lane Orchards. Amazing peach processing plant, native restaurant, playground, and farmers market!!!!!! It may be months since but I do recall getting pecan crusted catfish with sliced peaches on the side and it was amazing. I felt like I was transported back into time to the Whistle Stop cafe from the movie 'Fried Green Tomatoes' .....sooooooo good. We walked through the peach processing plant which was actually a catwalk over top of the all the happenings. It was wonderful fun and proof that fun doesn't always have to be had at a high cost (sorry Disney). We sampled homemade breads and salsa's, fresh peaches just off the tree. Played in the park a bit and hit the road again!!!!!!
Georgia in July...it was HOT, but looking at these pictures now, it was just so shiny and vibrant and bright. It was a great start to a great trip!!!!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment