Friday, May 6, 2011

I wish, I wish, to be a fish.....




We went to Longboat Key a month ago. If you were like me you'd think this was in the Florida Keys, but no it is actually on the Gulf of Mexico. I had heard of this elite place before which was said to be an exclusive retirement community. It is absolutely a little slice of heaven! One of our work's ministry partners has a spare trailer home right on the Gulf of Mexico which they wanted to offer to anyone who wanted to come for free. Well you don't have to ask me twice...we were gone. For free too? Awesome. We were the first people from my office to go. I can not tell you how much I love the Gulf of Mexico. I can't believe every time I go there that places like this even exist in the US let alone just a short drive from where I live. I just love it. Even looking at the pictures I feel like taking a deep breath of that sea air and exhaling all the situations in life that bog me down.....

This is as good as it gets...as my grandfather would say...."This is really livin'!"
And we start them young.....living high on the hog at 2 months old.
The water was completely swim able for adults but we didn't think Ezra could handle it just yet. It was a bit on the chilly side. We expect just about the whole summer to be lived at the beach or in the pool so there is plenty of time for that....So Ezra just enjoyed from the sidelines or from his little cabana beach house.....

And Ella? Well I think she just wishes she were just a fish.

And really if you were a fish wouldn't you consider yourself the luckiest blessed fish alive to call this sea your home???

No comments: