The place I am at is where He has led me.
Because life is peaceful and calm and serene and good is all because of Him. There is no fear of tomorrow because I am where He wants me to be. This peaceful place is meant to be a time of feeding my soul and my spirit and I will embrace it instead of looking to the storm clouds that loom above and behind me. Because my path is not an insurmountable mountain doesn't mean it is not where I am meant to be right now. Struggle is good but contentment with godliness is great gain (1 Timothy 6:6). Why would Timothy make it a point to say that? I feel like for me it is because if the black clouds are not chasing me and I am not struggling to maintain my faith leaning on the everlasting arms I think I am out bounds of what God wants for me. Since when did I arrive at the belief that God only wants me to struggle all the time? Since when did hardship only equal blessing? May be pain and persecution are inevitable, but I won't wait for it. I won't twiddle my thumb's or look over my shoulder for impending doom.
In times of "walking through the valley of the shadow of death." I usually arrive at a profound and cemented answer of the state of affairs with my relationship with God. But lately I find myself awaiting that walk looking ahead to it or looking behind to the other times I had visited that sad place instead of confessing my trust and enjoying in the peaceful streams He has me beside today.
So I have decided that when he guides me along the right path I will bring honor to His name. I need to let people know. Isn't this praise? All this so those who don't like me or despite-fully use me can see that regardless of their evil intentions I am given favor by the Host of hosts. And this host doesn't merely welcome me in. Oh, that would be enough all on its own. No. He prepares a feast for me. All the good things I love He fills me up with. And He does this so all can see His favor on me. I am not ashamed.
I am blessed. I am so blessed.




No comments:
Post a Comment