Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Danger in the Heartland

Well the picture doesn't look as ominous at the experience actually was. Just as we were pulling into this parking spot at Sarasota beach the police back there drew their guns at the suspects in the car in the middle of the road behind Binyam. Since the police were behind the car with their guns out when we looked up it looked like the guns were pointed right at us. It was scary. Binyam bolted from the car when he saw what looked like the guns trained right at us. I mean this the the stuff the evening news is made of! Vacationing family caught in the cross fire of a police shoot out. Yikes. I actually didn't see much of the whole thing because within minutes I was crouched behind the cement Sarasota beach sign with Ella. Yeah that was me... It was over in minutes and as we got stuff out of the car I snapped this photo for my memories. Yeah like I said....a lot more ominous in person than this picture made it appear. You can see two of the suspects being handcuffed in the back....Not your average day at the beach that is for sure!

No comments: