Thursday, October 29, 2009

A character.......


Ella has been riding the waves of toddlerhood. One day she is sweet as pumpkin pie and the next no so much.......It seems to come in waves. I mentioned that she was a real pill at SeaWorld. Well she was again yesterday, she spent a lot of time sitting on the bottom step cooling down. Anyways she said a few really funny things when I had her in the evening (she was mostly acting up for Binyam - usually it is the other way around). Nan Green the wife of the director of The JESUS Film Project said that I should be writing down the things Ella says and in all honestly I missed so many things.....But here are two funny ones.....

Ella knows the routine. After church on Wednesday night we go home and Ella goes straight to bed. So in the car, knowing impending bedroom doom was looming Ella said to me, "in four more minutes, its bed time." We actually had like ten more minutes in the car so I just listened to her state repeatedly, "in four more minutes, its bed time......" Then when I didn't respond, she said, "mommy, say 'yes Ella'." I should note that she had conned me into holding her hand too while we were driving. I think it was to sweeten the deal.

The other "incident"....We stopped and the grocery store to pick up a few things before the sale changed. After shopping and returning to the car, I was gathering groceries out of the cart and putting them in the car. Ella must have looked up and noticed the night sky with the moon and a huge bright shining star. She announced, "look mommy, it's a wishing star!" I acknowledged her and continued with my grocery's, glancing to see her clasp her hands to her chest, just under her chin. And I heard her say......."I wish I wish with all my might that my mommy and daddy would be happy and not angry........." What????? I wanted to put my order in with that star with just about the same for her. Unbelievable. What a character!!!!!!

No comments: