
Saturday we went to Seaworld for their Spooktacular Halloween celebration. I have had long hard thoughts about Halloween since coming to Florida where NO ONE does it in my circles. Its so sad because it is THE BEST memories I have from childhood and it seems very hard down here to share with anyone else. I get that Halloween is perceived evil by some. However it never has been for me. Ever. When we were younger we were always happy cheerful things and we were never allowed to dress up as anything evil. Which usually meant we were clowns (debatable nowadays) or prairie girls, one year we were the fruit of the loom gang.....Fun times. I have decided I am not abstaining from this just as I don't abstain from the mall where gluttony and greed abound! I think it is an opportunity to teach Ella as well as just have some good old fun! Can't beat that...so we found ourselves taking advantage of whatever we could find. It was pretty awesome because we had season passes for Seaworld. The passses include parking and the event so we didn't pay one penny this day for all the fun to be had!!!!!!!!!
We were trying to eat up some time before a show so we took a ride in the sky needle. Interestingly the sky needle costs $3 per person, also included in our season pass! Yeah baby. We really enjoy the simple ride as well as the few minutes out of the Florida heat and in air conditioning. You know, come to think of it I think the Cedar Pointe Needle didn't have air in it and you literally suffocated.....Hum....Doubly thankful for the air!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unfortunately Ella was being a real pill that day. We actually had to bring her off to a quiet secluded spot and force her to sleep because she was so cranky and oppositional!!!!! This was just after she woke up and out of like ten pictures this is the only one that resembled a smile. After this she told me she was done with pictures. oh really????
Her tune changed when she saw that the whole point for the day was trick or treating which involved candy so all was well from that point on..................
Happy as a little lark......Mabey that is what she is.......I really have no idea what this costume is. Fairy? Princess? Butterfly? Lark? Who knows but she was tu-tu cute!

We were trying to eat up some time before a show so we took a ride in the sky needle. Interestingly the sky needle costs $3 per person, also included in our season pass! Yeah baby. We really enjoy the simple ride as well as the few minutes out of the Florida heat and in air conditioning. You know, come to think of it I think the Cedar Pointe Needle didn't have air in it and you literally suffocated.....Hum....Doubly thankful for the air!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unfortunately Ella was being a real pill that day. We actually had to bring her off to a quiet secluded spot and force her to sleep because she was so cranky and oppositional!!!!! This was just after she woke up and out of like ten pictures this is the only one that resembled a smile. After this she told me she was done with pictures. oh really????
Her tune changed when she saw that the whole point for the day was trick or treating which involved candy so all was well from that point on..................
Happy as a little lark......Mabey that is what she is.......I really have no idea what this costume is. Fairy? Princess? Butterfly? Lark? Who knows but she was tu-tu cute!



1 comment:
LOL!- I loved the line: I have decided I am not abstaining from this just as I don't abstain from the mall where gluttony and greed abound! Have fun making beautiful memories! And Ella really is tu-tu cute! Love ya friend!
Post a Comment