Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Crazy Camping......

Ella reading me my mother's day card!
Ella awake!
Here is what we saw at 8 am and multiple random times through-out the night....ugh!
Sleeping beauty...I put an ad on Craigslist for a wanted pack and play, and got a response for this one for $20....which worked quite well.

This was the view out my tent window. Because no one was behind us I kept the window open and woke up to this view!
We stayed on a bayou which was chock full of mangroves which are pretty destinctive. They look a little like upside down trees.
This is the actually bayou. Its sounds so southern to stay on a bayou......Cool...

Totally forgot to take a picture of our campsite so this is a hurried one as Binyam was taking down the tent. See our $5 eating tent....way cool.

1 comment:

Patty said...

It seems like you have an awesome family Heather! I really am not surprised though. You have always been such a kind person.

I remember one of the first days I was at Bethany. I was one of the few to arrive in January & was still feeling very much out of place. We were talking up in the dorm & you gave me a pretty carved ring. Your kind gesture meant a lot to me & I still have the ring all these years later.

I also remember you "snuggling up" the little ones at the school where you did "Christian Service". You had maybe two or three in your arms & several more climbing all over you. Such a both sweet & sad picture of your love & their need for it. You are precious Heather & your life makes a sweet/kind, & therefore powerful, difference in the world.