I finally had the chance to meet one of Binyam's family members. His brother Ermi along with his wife Laura came from Scotland to visit us and soak up the Florida sunshine! We had a great time vistiting all the sites! The pictures here below are really special to me. They are silly, funny, cute, but mostly it is all of us abandoned to eachother. Actually it is the only set of pictures I have where all of us, even me is in a picture, even if all seperated, they are somehow the same. I am struck by the thought of family right now, I can't say as I felt like I have had much of a sence of family for many many years, and its a sad longing sort of feeling. This silliness with "family" really means a lot to me. I don't know why but I googled the word 'family' and Wikipedia said this, that I thought was intersting...
"Contemporary society generally views family as a haven from the world, supplying absolute fulfillment. The family is considered to encourage "intimacy, love and trust where individuals may escape the competition of dehumanizing forces in modern society from the rough and tumble industrialized world, and as a place where warmth, tenderness and understanding can be expected...."
I guess that is how I felt the last week having them here! That sums it up. It is something special to feel accepted and welcomed just because you are a part of who they are. It was an abandon to the world for the moment and an embrace of love. Thanks so much Ermi and Laura for a wonderful time. We love you guys!!!!!!
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment