Thursday, September 25, 2008
A Place in the Son.
I was just called away by email and personal invitation to pray for a fellow co-worker who is battling brain cancer. Today he got the worste news possible. Please pray for Jeff and Elaine Miller please! They have only been married six monthes and now Jeff is facing the battle for his life. I have to say that just now as we all gathered to pray for Jeff there was a profound sadness, but something bittersweet also. I think what just happened in that room right now was the reason that word was invented. There was a harsh reality hanging in the air, but a sweet sweet aroma of love, family, friendship and something eternal.
Matthew 18:20 NIV
"For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them."
That was it. I was having a hard time putting my finger on it. I think sometimes we pray by rote, but today seeing the small room crowded by people who love the Lord and love Jeff, it was somthing to behold. I thought immediatly of this painting, Forgiven. I see myself in it always. I have a good friend who has it tatooed on his back and if you look close enough or even care to notice you will see that he actually had his own face put there. I think it is in times of total desperation that we feel His arms holding us up and gripping us the most.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment