Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A new car!!!!

 

 

Well almost. I am a garagesale-aholic! I actually don't go to many in the summer because it is just too dog-gone hot here to be getting in and out of the car. So thank God for Craigslist, where I found this little tykes cozy coupe. I got a great deal on it from someone desperate to get rid of it. I can get my fix, without the nonsence. Big community wide garage sales happen here mostly in the spring and fall. I am actually planning to have my first garage sale in the fall to get rid of accumulated stuff - I suppose so I can get some more....Anyways. I think I have a uniue perspective on garage sales. I really see them as a blessing, they have helped us save enormous ammounts of money on Ella's clothes. The dress she is wearing here I got for a buck earlier this spring. Most of her clothes are from garage sales as well as most of her toys. I know this might not always last but I am sure taking advantage of it while I can. I am actually seeing a change in the quality of clothes already, instead of the little baby stuff that is hardly ever used I am running across more and more junk. However I have really been blessed to find some really nice things for her this car being one of them.

you might notice the two little band-aids on the back of her arm. She got shots. Poor baby, poor mama....Its a unique experience to watch your kid get a shot. We actually halted all shot giving untill she was older and some of her developmental mile-stones were more apparent. So, I thought yesterday she was going to be a giant pin cushion. She did have to have three but the good news was that she is all set untill the is four!!!!!!! I remember when she was really little with her first doctor who was from India, Binyam and I made a comments about the poor unlucky baby or something like that. The doctor did not miss a beat in saying, "Actually she is one of the most lucky in the world to have the oppertunity to get these shots, some children, many children, die because they can not have them." It sobered me so much and I was pretty much in a mood all day thinking about that comment.

We are so blessed on so many different levels. From garage sales to shots and a million other things inbetween!!!!!!!

 

 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Hannah said...

I like the car. Cute. Hey my doctor is from Africa, and he said pretty much the same thing about vaccines. If they are available why wouldn't we get them?