To say that I am fed up with the rain is a total understatement! I have had it. But, this morning on the way to work I was having a deep heated hot debate with my own self, reminding myself of the 101 other benefits of Florida living. When it does rain it usually clears up quite quickly, there will be a mildly cloudy bright blue sky left with no inkling of rain except for the smell of damp earth. Which by the way I love, that smell of, "wet Florida". I think it reminds me so much of Teen Missions. Anyways, aren't I just painting a rosy picture....Nothing about the picture taken out my back window is rosy....I think the reason I am so detesting the rain is that it is interfering with the routine. When I get home from work at night I like to get some fresh air. I think it is important for Ella to get out too. We walk, take bike rides, go to parks, swim.....I so look forward to that after work in a cubicle all day long.
This is exactly what I want to avoid but somehow feel up against every day with the rain. We are running out of inside stuff to do. So I set up Ella in our soon to be bedroom watching Elmo. I was so anti- TV for so long that it is hard to relinquish the thought of Ella like this. Ugh. I have to tell myself however that she really is learning a lot. She is counting up to twelve, understandably unlike her usual babbling language. She had to learn that there because I never taught her that I thought 1year was a little young for that! I think sometimes parenting is a lot of letting go. Actually as I write that I am resentful of all the giving up that has had to go on in order for my precious baby girl to grow. We can hardly hold her anymore...the world is just too interesting.... Elmo is too interesting. So here is to rain, and Elmo and counting...maybe the rain isn't to bad after all. A blessing in surprise.....Well I don't know about that....
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment