A few years ago I was in Michigan and we were at a historical landmark, actually a courthouse used long ago by none-other than Abraham Lincoln. I have a similar picture of Ella and my niece looking out the window and it just filled me with nostalgia. Nostalgia is defined as a sentimental yearning. I question what exactly the yearning is. Looking at these little ones from behind I yearn for them to know deep happiness in many many ways. Happiness in knowing Christ. Happiness in finding love or contentment in singleness. Joy in a fulfilling job....so many things.....and like Lincoln who put one foot in front of the other just like the rest of us. He looked out that same window at all the potential God offered for him and he walked in God's will for his life. This picture here, who knows who looked out this window, this Spanish fortress. Men whose destiny was to be watchman on the walls. "Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the people of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning from me." Ezekiel 33:7 God has a plan for their lives, bigger and better than I could ever wish for, and it is a deep sentimental yearning in my soul for my children.
http://www.aplaceintheson.blogspot.com/2011/09/lincoln-looked.html




No comments:
Post a Comment