Wednesday, November 12, 2014

A Mighty Fortress.

 Bend down thine ear to me; deliver me speedily: be thou my strong rock for a house of defense to save me. For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me and guide me. Psalm 31:2&3
 The Lord is my Rock and my Fortress and my deliverer. 2 Samuel 22:2
 For thou art my rock and my fortress, therefore for thy name's sake lead me and guide me. Psalm 31:3
 I will stand upon my watch and set me upon the tower and I will watch to see what He will say to me and I shall answer when I am reproved. Habakkuk 2:1
 And I will camp against thee round about and will lay siege against thee with a mount and I will raise forts against thee. Isaiah 29:3
 He shall  dwell on high, his place of defense shall be the munitions of rocks: bread shall be given him: his waters shall be sure. Isaiah 33:16
 Turn you to the stronghold, ye prisoners of hope, even today do I declare that I will render double unto thee. Zechariah 9:10

I have more pictures of San Juan, Puerto Rico and thought to make it a Bible study. Wow, I am so glad I did. To see visual pictures of what the Bible is actually taking about is amazing. To see how God teaches us, so long after this trip, still revealing himself to us in such a unique way. I am impressed and humbled as usual by God. To see these pictures and meditate on these verses and know that this is God to us.....

Take the pictures of the sentry towers. This is God to us. He is our sentry. The Bible is chalk full of military terms, and some people choose to look over that in exchange of a warm fuzzy Jesus. But when times are arduous be sure you will want a defender and you need to know him equally and be acquainted with his ways. It reminds me of Hebrews 7:25. Jesus lives to intercede for us. He needs to intercede for us because of the assaults mounted against us again and again. So when trails come, trust me He is the first to know about them. He knows the outcome and has an attack plan before we even see it coming.

I noticed also in many of the verses that He is the fortress we hide in. We are in it with Him and the comfort and peace that brings looking at these visual picture of how much stone, and thought has gone into erecting something meant to keep evil out. This is God's thoughts towards us.

the verse about the rocks. "His munitions shall be the rocks" Those rock are sometimes purposefully placed there to make things difficult for the enemy or the place is chosen because the rocks make it difficult for the enemy to mount an assault. Oh how God knows....he knows the assaults are sure but Fortress is surer still.

My little children, know that God is. He is all this to you and for you. This humbles my heart as his own child myself.




No comments: