Thursday, October 30, 2014

Follow the blue brick road.

 I can not believe this is the only picture I got of the blue cobblestone roads in San Juan. An entire city full of this beautiful blue stuff and this is all I got. Ugh. Even more so I never knew any of this even existed. How have I not seen pictures of this. Beautiful.
I did get a few murals that prove that the whole city had it, around every corner.....
 Just an ally way. Even in color you can't tell the road's brick were blue so I just turned the photo to black and white to enhance the beauty of the ally.
And my little Ella. I picked that dress specifically because it reminded me of Puerto Rico. I got it at the local Goodwill. It looked like that dress was made for that photo! I don't know if my kids will remember this day but I do and I will help them remember because God was so good to us to give us this experience. All day long I couldn't help but to take in the sights. I couldn't stop looking. That piece of me that is a nomadic wanderer was home for the moment. I really want my kids to experience the world around them, beauty that is unconventional, history that is elaborate, folks that are rich in experiences that are foreign to us. We may not be following the yellow brick road, but we did dance for the day on a blue one.....

No comments: