One of the neatest things about Puerto Rico was walking around those blue cobblestone streets. Of course we had no idea where we were going, but we walked on. Any which way we were we could see the boat in the dock so closely, it was nice to just get off the boat and be there! While we were walking we encountered the crew performers who oogled over Ella. She always attracts attention anywhere we go. I was sort of happy for their attention, they were sort of like celebrities. I have to admit their performances were amazing. On our last day on the boat we were chatting with people at the table next to us and he said that he has paid for Cirque De Soleil and said that their performances beat those pricy tickets! I had to agree, I didn't really realize how professional and just overall excellent the boat shows would be. So the guy in the picture behind Ella was one of the performers and those were his glasses. He loved Ella so much he had said that if he knew where he could get a similar pair of glasses this side of the pond (he was from England) he'd be happy for Ella to just have them and he seemed so genuine.
There is something about some people who work in the service industry. I see it often when I go to Disney, that you can't pay some people enough to do what they do. Some people just have it in them, a gift for giving hospitality to other people. I mean you could not pay me enough to stand in the hot summer Florida sun and smile at people. It reminds me of Dr. Martin Luther King's famous speech. I Have a Dream. He later goes onto say that whatever your lot in life to do it with greatness. I respect people who work with people because it is SO something I could not do!!!!!
So this was winding down our day in Puerto Rico. I know we had till ten at night and I am one of those people who give it until the last minute but after a day of exploring the in's and out's of those fortresses. So much walking. My littles were so tired. There was a CVS right at the dock and we stepped into see what was different. There were two guards in the store which is weird. And they had very different snacks, guava candies, coconut candies....yummie we got a drink and a snack and went back on the boat. I was very disappointed we didn't get to eat any local food, particularly mufongo but there were no authentic looking little places. We ate dinner on the boat with a beautiful view of Old San Juan at night.




No comments:
Post a Comment