I wasn't so sure about having a boy. I love girl clothes. I get girl activities. I like girl clothes, oh I already said that. I guess I really like girl clothes. I was expecting another girl as I kept every single piece of Ella's baby clothing. We had our first sonogram and found the beginnings of this. A little Ezra. I can't say I felt disappointed, either way I was happy. I was probably simultaneously thinking how I was going to get rid of all those baby girl clothes and get on the hunt for boy stuff! lol. And so it started that very day, a love affair with a little boy which has grown and grown to this hulking huge ache in my heart. Ezra is the sweetest little thing. He loves trucks and choo choo trains. He randomly yells, "all aboard". He'll sneak a kiss to your shoulder, belly, whenever he can just to get a kissy in. He loves cuddles on the couch while he sucks his thumb and rubs his blankie. He lets me dress him in vintage shortalls, because he doesn't really care or have a clue that I am attempting to keep him looking like a baby for as long as possible. One day I'll pay for it but for now I just enjoy having a baby boy.
The day we went to see the manatee. Ezra's grandma and grandpa bought a ticket for Ella to play a game breaking baloons for a prize. The game owner saw Ezra quietly watching and gave Ezra a prize too. He was so overwhelmed with all the stuff I picked for him a sword. Ezra's alter ego emerged. All day long he weilded that sword like valiant knight. And we got stuck in the rain. We took shelter under somone's tent who was sellling purses. Ezra was by grandma and grandpa at the other side of the tent and when they emerged they all had on these hats. Sparkling blue glory. Ezra kept his on the entire day.
Is is amazing to me that we had Ezra, who is who he is and is exactly what we needed as a family. He is the perfect little person to round out our core four. He is my knight in shining hat who stole my heart!



No comments:
Post a Comment