Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentines Day 2014


It's not my holiday. I don't get it so much. I would rather get flowers and a card just about any other day of the year. Well it is what it is. Lately my new obsession for just about any holiday is to use it as an opportunity to get my Pinterest on. I can barely make it happen any other day of the year. A good holiday is a great time to show off the fact that I can do something worthwhile these days if I really put my mind to it. It helps me too to recapture the feeling of accomplishment I had pre-kid days. I know the greatest accomplishments ever is my kids but some day that feeling gets swallowed up in fingerprint stained windows, never swept and mopped floors and laundry piling up. Ah well. The truth is it is with the passage of time those aren't the things that matter. So I take the opportunity to make a memory that has a duel purpose. My child has a neat valentines and I get to feel proud of my grown up project. I found this project on Pinterest with a link to purchase the tags to attach them on Etsy. I refuse to purchase those things, so I Googled and Googled till I found a free printable. They are so perfect because Ella, for some reason, really loves those chocolate coins. They were cute. Ella actually missed Valentines day and will not get her valentines from her classmates till the following week. It gave me an opportunity to slip a valentines just fer her from me into her box, because I love her.

No comments: