This past Saturday I got a call from my dad saying he was two hours away and wondering if he could stop in and spend the night. SURE! We love visitors. I knew he was coming at some time but he waited till the last minute to give me she scoop. We had plans that next day to do the hang gliding. I had read on the web site that the company had a private lake and boats for use. So we grabbed out poles as we went out the door. I am so glad we did. Really it had been years since I had went fishing. I SO enjoyed it. My dad said it had been a few years since he had fished too, so he was reviving the family fun and enjoying it a lot. We were hoping to get a bass which would have been fun especially to show the kids but we didn't catch anything.
Initially I left to walk to the lake ahead of Binyam and my dad and by the time he got there I said to consider himself lucky to have missed that trip from hell. There was lot of cyring complaing and yelling. Daddy asked from who and I had to confess it was from all of us. Ella complained about the grass on her feet and ankles every inch of every step she took. Which Ezra copied. Which drove me crazy. Ah, my kids. I worry like any mom I am depriving them of nature. We go outside a lot but no so much into untouched nature so often so that is goal for this fall/winter.
Once we got in the boat and on the lake Ella was in love with the outdoors. It was a beautiful day. Ezra had refused to eat breakfast so he was not himself. He was on and off crying and Daddy couldn't stand it in the tiny peddle boat. So I hung out with him the tree house. He enjoyed climbing up and down. I enjoyed watching it all in quiet peace and beauty.
Our captain of the boat!



No comments:
Post a Comment