During my birthday weekend we are starting a habit, a family ritual of going someplace away for a long weekend. We try to avoid camping during this weekend because, its just not fun when its your birthday to be dirty and cooking constantly. So this year I searched for someplace different to go to. I really wanted to go to Miami but I began to be overwhelmed with the sheer amount of opportunities in that area of the world so I abruptly shifted to Marco Island. I had heard nothing about it, like ever. Don't know why I ended up there besides looking at a map and deciding I needed to go. So off we went. It is four hours from Orlando, a nice lazy drive. Once you reach an area that starts indicating signs you are close you are basically in the everglades swamp lands. We saw tons of panther signs as we took the final causeway into Marco Island. I have to say once you go over the bridge to get to the island you crest at the top and you can see the entire island and it has definite wow factor. It looks like a little land unto itself. Very tropical and beautiful. We stayed at the number one rated hotel on the island which was a little redone apartment building with wonderful customer service. Called Marco Island Inn. It had a full kitchen, a living room with a futon and DVD players, a beautiful view of a little lake with a sandy beach.... It was fabulous and we were ready to start our weekend.....
Thursday, September 26, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment