Thursday, September 19, 2013

Minions

Ella is pretty enamored with minions lately. I gotta admit they are hilarious and cute, a combination that sucks you in!

September is a hard month for us. School is just starting, then Ella's birthday seeks right on in demanding attention. It is hard to know what to do because it is a narrow miss with Labor day. Then the week after is our wedding anniversary on Sept. 13. We have managed to actually completly forget that more times than I can count. Then the week after that is Binyam's birthday on September 24. I suppose every family has their 'when it rains it pours' month. This is ours. Growing up it was July where me and two of my siblings had birthday's in the same week.

This year I vowed to be ahead of things. So I pinterested early. I found a version of these minions and searched for an even easier version and found these. They were SO easy. A little tiny bit time consuming but so easy...I used a white cake box recipe (french vanillla, I think) For the frosting, to give a nod to the minion's blue jump suits, I used the frosting creations. Frosting creations have pure white frosting with a mix in package, I used cotton candy and it gave me blue frosting. The Minion bodies are twinkies. I used a cheaper version, trust me they tasted just as good. The minion eyes were smarties. I bought severl packages at Party City scoping out the ones that had an unusual number of white candies. Then I had to pilfer through each package and take out only the white ones. Lastly just used black decorators gel. Easy.

Now the cool factor. Off the charts. I gotta admit walking those guys into school, I felt like a genuine rock star.

No comments: