Pronounced Koon-ah-fa. Or delicious. Or fantastic......I love you kunafeh.
So what Kunafeh you ask. The best kept secret in the world. I'm not gonna tell you so I or anyone else who know and loves Kunafeh will never have to share with you.....Gah. I feel bad. That backfired. Kunafeh must be shared.......Ok. It is what they call an Arabic sweet cheese pastry. I don't get the pastry part. The sweet cheese....oh yeah. So the bottom is a mozzarella type gooey melted cheese. The top is what is really different. I am not sure exactly what it is but it is an awful lot like shredded wheat soaked in syrup. Then you add on a pile of crushed pistachio's and wa-la ..... goodness.
I have asked a gazillion Arab restaurants in Orlando if they make it. There are fabled rumors of this store and that store making it on special days but none have produced like Masri Sweets. After I told the owners at Masri sweets our sad pitiful story that we can't find Kunafeh in Orlando he told us they ship it. Music to my ears.



No comments:
Post a Comment