Monday, August 1, 2011

Why having two kids is way more fun than having one.....

You hear the stories of first time parents obsessing about every random thing under the sun. I think with Ella I didn't quite qualify as a first time parent having taken care of many many babies in orphanages and some not so little babies here there an in between. So I started off somewhere in between.

I can say I obsessed about placing Ella in high places. I was appalled once to find my mom let Ella sleep in a chair. We never left her on the bed alone of if we did made like an Olympic gold medalist while we grabbed something near by. For the record I am still a stickler on that one.

Honestly I can't remember what ridiculous things people stress about. Oh, I think I stressed too much about Ella's puking. She was a class act puker. We even went to have her tested for acid reflux which felt like medically forced child abuse. She wasn't allowed to eat anything after midnight. A newborn baby. I pushed it because I was unfamiliar with the volumes of baby puke Ella seemed to produce. She didn't have acid reflux and the puking didn't stop. Now I know babies can puke volumes and nothing is wrong at all. Some are just spitters.

So when you get to #2 you relax a bit. You let them spit and puke ( you do talk to your doctor who said baby boy is just a spitter, thank God no medically enforced child abuse!).

And you dig a hole and put them in it. Ha ha.....I was waiting for someone to walk by and say " is that a baby in that hole?" Ummmm yeah. A second baby.... so he is ok and unscathed.

I mean look at him he is loving it.

Add that to my list, baby in a hole, baby eating sand, baby swimming at 2 months old.......

I gotta say in ending this just on some off chance someone actually reads this. I think all the fuss about not fussing makes for a baby that is well adjusted in a variety of situations. Who is easygoing. Ella had an attitude problem for a while but she didn't fuss about sand, or veggies or a lot of other things kids normal fuss about. Might I add it makes for a less stressed mama too. And that makes all the difference!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Actually, when I saw the picture two posts below of Ezra on the beach chair I thought, "aren't they worried that he might roll off of that chair?"

Anonymous said...

That is funny....