Thursday, August 4, 2011

Anyways..

I had to lead devotions last week here at work. Kind of cool that is part of my job responsibility. I don't mind an opportunity for public speaking. But what to speak on. I read two amazing stories the past few week and they hung with me, speaking to me long after I was finished reading them.

http://www.aholyexperience.com/2011/07/when-youre-finding-it-hard-to-be-patient/

http://www.desiringgod.org/blog/posts/motherhood-is-a-calling-and-where-your-children-rank

and I found this poem.......

People are unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered.
Love them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish ulterior motives.
Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some false friends and true enemies.
Succeed anyway.

The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow.
Be good anyway.

Honesty and frankness will make you vulnerable.
Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight.
Build anyway.

People need help, but may attack you if you try to help them.
Help them anyway.

In the final analysis, it is between you and God.
It was never between you and them anyway.

- Mother Teresa


I do find it sometimes hard to love. It is a lesson I am constantly telling myself..to choose love because in all honesty I usually choose to be aggravated. I have always said because of Boysville boys I have the patience of Job. But now I am reconsidering that. I think those boys used up all my patience and now I have none left. Patience is a practice for me too. I love that...it isn;t between me and whoever...it is between me and God. Love it.

No comments: