
Got these very gummies at Sam's club yesterday.
So we wouldn't get into an argument with Ella we were sure to lay the ground work on gummy-ology. Only two once a day. Explained that they are not candy but a medicine that helps you see better and hear better and think better. Exact words or somewhere close. If you know Ella you know she loves food. I know you think all kids love food but Ella is a different breed..... I just wanted her to know that the gummies were not candy. I really thought it went in one ear and out another.
Two days later. I was big time multi tasking in the kitchen. Ella has taken to bumming on the counter "keeping me company". I have really grown to love it. Her butt sits on the bar and her feet nestle on the counter. I looked at her last week and she was just a little four year old ball of person. That can't last long.
So multi-tasking. Cooking breakfast. Fussing with stuff. Ella asked to do one of her workbooks or cut papers. She likes to sit and use her "snissors" I can.not. bring myself to correct it. I think its the last of the bitty baby phrases and it is clingin' on for dear life. What she really needs to work on is her letters so I got out the flash cards and she went through them She did good and since she didn't fight me and tried I decided to pop the gummies on her. Just two. She gobbled them up. I scraped the scrambled eggs, got jam out of the fridge and salt out of the cupboards.
"I can hear you better." Ella said.
I couldn't for the life of me figure out what she heard since I hadn't said anything. I asked her what she heard. I thought either her or I was loosing it. She just kept repeating "I can hear you better"
AH ha. The gummies. So it didn't go in one ear and out the other. She actually listens to me sometimes.
Lesson learned. Our kids listen to us.
So we wouldn't get into an argument with Ella we were sure to lay the ground work on gummy-ology. Only two once a day. Explained that they are not candy but a medicine that helps you see better and hear better and think better. Exact words or somewhere close. If you know Ella you know she loves food. I know you think all kids love food but Ella is a different breed..... I just wanted her to know that the gummies were not candy. I really thought it went in one ear and out another.
Two days later. I was big time multi tasking in the kitchen. Ella has taken to bumming on the counter "keeping me company". I have really grown to love it. Her butt sits on the bar and her feet nestle on the counter. I looked at her last week and she was just a little four year old ball of person. That can't last long.
So multi-tasking. Cooking breakfast. Fussing with stuff. Ella asked to do one of her workbooks or cut papers. She likes to sit and use her "snissors" I can.not. bring myself to correct it. I think its the last of the bitty baby phrases and it is clingin' on for dear life. What she really needs to work on is her letters so I got out the flash cards and she went through them She did good and since she didn't fight me and tried I decided to pop the gummies on her. Just two. She gobbled them up. I scraped the scrambled eggs, got jam out of the fridge and salt out of the cupboards.
"I can hear you better." Ella said.
I couldn't for the life of me figure out what she heard since I hadn't said anything. I asked her what she heard. I thought either her or I was loosing it. She just kept repeating "I can hear you better"
AH ha. The gummies. So it didn't go in one ear and out the other. She actually listens to me sometimes.
Lesson learned. Our kids listen to us.



No comments:
Post a Comment