Monday, August 17, 2009

Bowlingapalooza!

Another Mom's group. It was just Ella and one other little boy, Charlie. I was disappointed again that no one showed up but thankfully one other child showed up and it was so much fun. Ella had the greatest time!

Initially we just sat the ball on the floor and pushed it but without a wooloping push from mom the ball barely rolled to the end. I thought it might stop midway a few times. Seriously we would have been there all day. Luckily I knew about the bowling ramp from when I worked with the blind and multiply handicapped kids at Penrickton Center. That made a huge world of difference and enabled Ella and Charlie to roll the ball almost unaided (we had to get it on the ramp for them)!She would hold onto it so I could get a picture....
Then let'er roll!She actually did as good as I usually do when I bowl. I am terrible, but I love it and just enjoy the experience. I have never been too much for competition (except when it comes to Monopoly - play by the rules people.....ok...off the soap box, Palumbo) Anyways, Ella did get beat both games by Charlie. He got one where he knocked all the balls out first try...then like two strikes. Ella got a strike or two too, but not enough to beat the boy! They were hilarious cheering for eachother. We did not have a lane next to us so the kids could actually stand down the ally a bit and watch the ball roll on by.
One of the attrations.....a hair dryer built right into the ball return...who would have thunk it! Fun times!

No comments: