I've thought about writing about the economy a bunch of times, but its a tricky subject. In all honesty, it freaks me out sometimes what is going on. It totally disturbs me that 1 out of every 10 people is jobless. I am deeply saddened by watching the news, not because of the nearest random shooting but that the job lines, filled with neighbors, are sorrowfully long. I don't want to gaze long and hard at these things enough to be overcome with sadness. However, I do want to find a balance in being informed and prepared. Its tricky.There is another sadness plaguing me right now. My good friends recently suffered a tragedy and my heart is aching for them. I try to find that balance of not thinking about it so much that I am overwhelmed with it but then thinking about it enough to keep them in the forefront of my prayers. I've thought long and hard about that balance. It's a thin line. I was reminded of a great Bible verse yesterday, "Hope deferred makes the heart sick" Proverbs 13:12. I have mulled and mulled over that verse since I heard it yesterday.....
I think sometimes it is not so much that I loose faith in circumstances and situations. I don't actually think God has abandoned the scene. Its hope that seems to dwindle. I seem to loose sight of the end of it all. "Hope deferred makes the heart sick." I feel heartsick about my friends, especially because there has been little news about a change in the outcome of the situation. However there is a hidden meaning in that verse. A read-between-the-lines type of moment. Hope deffered.....Not lack of hope. Not hopeless. Not without hope. Void of hope? No, just deffered, suspended for a time. Hope is comming back.
I hope if hope is deffered for you because of waiting for a job, a baby, love, whatever it is, and you feel heartsick, I hope it bursts back on the scene in one shocking moment that will be defining to your faith and give you back what was stolen from you all the time you have waited for it's return! Hope is comming back. Mark my words.
I love this picture I took as Disney staff was yelling at me to get out of the bushes. It reminds me of hope deffered.



1 comment:
Good word Heather!
Post a Comment