Friday, March 20, 2009

Friday Finals



I went to Publix twice this week. One bill was $4.28 . I was amazed by it because the total bill was less than the full price of the meat which was $5.18. The second trip I spent $13.17, so total for everything was $17.45. Total savings was $96.70. Woo Hoo!

A little lesson in overage....I bought forty jars of baby food. I don''t need them I know, but someone does. They cost .79 cents each. I had a dollar off coupon and they actually take the full dollar off the bill, so if you are doing the math that gave me $8.40 toward the rest of my bill plus 40 jars of baby food for charity!!!!!

I am totally addicted at this point. There is no going back. I am already noticing a huge difference in our bank account. It is getting easier also which is nice. It was a bit time consuming in the beginning but its only a month down the line and what a difference it has made. I owe a huge THANK YOU to all the coupon queens out there whose blogs give me not only inspiration but also direction.

Coupon queens rule!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Looks like you are catching onto this couponing game pretty good!

At my blog you asked how I got so many mfr. coupons, the answer is, I buy 10 papers on Saturday, when the kids are out at the shopping center selling them for $1.00 each.

I've thought about it, but can't decide if I'd buy 10 if I had to pay $2.00 for the paper. Sometimes I say Yep, because I save way more than $20 every week using coupons. But then sometimes I say Nah, I could make do with using Internet Printables and Competitor coupons. That's how I started out before I had alot of coupons from the newspaper and I did well enough.

BTW, love the Shuttle launch pics. My nephew that lives in Lakeland sent me some he took from his back yard with his cell phone. Very cool!

Unknown said...

Dude, you soooo rule!

Myra @ My Blessed Life said...

Great job saving money! I replied to your question on my post, but I wanted to comment on the Publix overage thing.
This past week they had Post Cereal B1G1 for 3.99. I had 2 $2/1 coupons and the cashier gave me a big stink about one ringing up at 2.00 and the other ringing up at 1.99. She said that I couldn't use a 2/1 coupon for the 1.99 box. I could hardly believe it. So, I told her I would either do it in a separate transaction or I would give her a penny. She chose the penny! It just seemed REALLY nit picky for a huge corporation...a penny! :)